ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pork Carnitas

Monday I put a pork butt in the crockpot with a Pot Roast seasoning packet, I believe it was McCormick. I added about a cup of beef broth and cooked the roast all day on low in the crockpot.


It was phenomenal. So tender and yummy. We ate it with buttered white rice and green beans. Very simple dinner but so tasty. 

Tonight I decided we would eat the rest of the pork roast as pork carnitas. I simply put the shredded pork in a small skillet and let it crisp and develop a crust on the bottom before stirring it. The crust on the pork made all the difference in the world. I added taco seasoning to the pork for a spiced up flavor. We ate them in flour tortillas.  I love anything Mexican!  

I cooked a box of Mexican style Rice-a-Roni to serve with the carnitas. 

We ate the carnitas plain with the tortillas but in the past, I've served them with all the taco fixings-lettuce, cheese, guacamole, salsa, chopped onions,diced  tomatoes.  

My favorite salsa actually comes in a can in the Mexican food aisle. It is the brightest, freshest flavor of any salsa I've tried. You will love it!

No comments: