I found a new favorite recipe on allrecipes.com last week and tried it for the first time this evening.
Let me tell you - it is soooo good! And surprisingly so simple!
Here's the recipe-you have to try it tomorrow!
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil.
3. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear. 4. Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
I had to find something quick to make because we have been fishing fools lately! Small Fry is really on the fishing kick!
My brother came to town last weekend because he had a business meeting here (he lives in Atlanta).
My brother with the posing baby Boxer
When he was here, he bought the boys an airsoft gun and fishing tackle, lures, and bait. They were so excited.
We went to our favorite neighborhood, my dream neighborhood, which is a planned community with a huge man-made lake stocked with a ton of fish. The first time we cast into the lake, a huge fish, hooked on and broke the 30 lb. line. That means it was a huge fish!
Tater Tot with one of the big ones!