ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Better Day

Today has been a better day than the past few.  Tator Tot had a friend spend the night last night. He's a great kid and all three boys had a fun time riding bikes and jumping ramps.  I made them tacos last night and they loved them.  This morning I got up and made them pancakes, about 15 pancakes to be exact.  Three boys can really eat some pancakes. 

I spent the morning vacuuming the house.  Why does vacuuming always make me feel better? It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that at least my floors look like I do some cleaning around here. 
After vacuuming, I did a few loads of laundry and folded clothes to put up later.  I'm having the boys put up their own clothes in color order in their closet.  We'll see if that lasts.

This afternoon, after Tator's friend went home, we went over to the next town and went shopping. I really needed some new makeup and stopped by Sephora.  I love the products I bought.  I've used them before and they are the bomb! 
Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin-Great for keeping eyeshadow in place all day!

Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette-I pre-ordered.  The best set of eyeshadows ever made-hands down!

Buxom Lip Plumper in Hot Shot (a rose nude)

After my makeup purchase, the boys and I met my friend Jennifer for lunch at a Mexican restaurant.  I wish I could stay away from the chips and salsa.   That seems to be my weakness, salty foods.  I was proud that I chose to eat a grilled chicken breast with sauteed vegetables.  I'm sure it was loaded with oil though.  I hate when you think you're ordering healthy food at a restaurant and it turns out to be super high in calories.  Losing weight is the one thing I just can't seem to get a handle on. I know it's because I'm being ridiculous and not going to some form of exercise class but I just don't feel like it right now.

I'm debating about going to a Zumba class. I think that's right up my alley since I lose dance music and dancing.  I just don't want to look like an idiot doing it. Ha!

The rest of my day was spent at the hair salon where I cut about 4 inches of hair off into a nice bob. I think my hair looks a lot healthier now.  I have super fine baby hair and it just doesn't hold a style easily.  That's why I constantly have my hair in a ponytail.  I'm trying to break that habit and actually have a hairstyle working everyday.

So, to sum up my feelings this evening, I feel pretty good.  My anxiety level has been off the charts and I've really been trying to hold it together for the boys and my hubby's sake.  I haven't done very well lately.  But sitting here tonight, I feel like everything might work out.  It might be because I haven't spoken to my Mom today but I don't feel that heavy feeling in my chest right now.  I don't feel like I have a black cloud surrounding me when I walk aimlessly through the house trying to stay busy so I don't go crazy.

I think it's the haircut.  Definitely.  For me, a haircut can brighten the day everytime!

No comments: