ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Brother

Last weekend my Mom, Mr. H, T-man, H-man and I got the chance to drive an hour and a half away and meet my brother for dinner. I hadn't seen him for about a year. He now works for a company that's about 3 hours from our house and he was traveling to his new company for some business meetings or something fancy sounding like that. We split the difference and met him in between his company's town and ours. He lives in Georgia so this was a much closer drive for us. Thank goodness for brothers who telecommute a thousand miles away from their house and have to go to the company headquarters sometimes.

Actually he's my BIG brother - he's 12 years older than me so my earliest memory of him is probably close to the time when he was in college. That makes him more like a second Dad.


I just remember being really young and thinking he was the greatest thing in the world. I would call him on the phone as a little tiny girl and I would always call him Snowman and he would call me Boogerbear. I thought that was so fun. He was always a big muscular guy so I guess I associated it with a big snowman. Who knows!


Anyway, it was a nice dinner and we got a chance to catch up before having to head back home. I really wish we could have spent more time but that's how the cookie crumbles.


I did have one thought about the dinner - don't ever meet at Texas Roadhouse if you plan on talking during the meal. It was the loudest stinkin' place on God's Green Earth!

No comments: