ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, September 1, 2008

Black Bean Brownies????

Found this recipe on the blog Dietingiswishfulshrinking.blogspot.com. They are only 3 points and apparently the black beans keep it super moist and healthy with tons of fiber. They sound horrible but I'll have to try 'em.

Black Bean Brownies
1 box Betty Crocker Low Fat Fudge Brownie mix
1-15oz can unseasoned black beans in water, drained and rinsed, pureed in
¼ cup water
I pureed the black beans and the water in my Magic Bullet food processor then mixed it with the brownie mix then dumped the mix in a greased 12 muffin tin. You basically follow the baking directions on the package. I just so happened to use the muffin tin as it’s more accurate as far as a serving size. Sure, it turned out my muffins were 3 points each (I found out that the gentleman in my meetings makes these one point by cutting the brownies into very small servings- my cavities are bigger than what he is dishing up so I went with the muffin tin).
162 calories
2 grams of fat
5 grams of fiber = 3 points
So not only were they brownie/muffins DE-LISH (there is not even a hint of bean taste) but they are packed with fiber and super low in fat making them great even for people not on Weight Watchers. And one of the very, very best parts of these brownies? You can lick the bowl clean without fear of salmonella from the raw eggs typically used in other brownie recipes.

No comments: