ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, September 1, 2008

Meal In Honor of My Family In the South & Hurricane Gustav


I thought I would make a southern meal that my family typically eats.........just to honor Hurricane Gustav, which is heading right for the coast of Alabama, which is my favorite place in the world. I have family all over the South and I'm really worried that the hurricane will affect them. My Mom is in Birmingham, Alabama right now with her sisters (T calls them "Them Nanas"). She said the wind is gusting but other than that they haven't seen much from Hurricane Gustav.

I keep 3 big jars of pinto beans, split peas and mixed bean soup on my counter in the kitchen. It's a great go-to meal when I don't want to be bothered with cooking something for dinner. I just throw the beans in a pot with water and some ham or ham bone and dinner will be ready in about 3 or 4 hours. Pure heaven. Make a little cornbread and you've got a meal fit for a special family like mine.




No comments: