ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weight Watchers - my old friend

I signed up for Weight Watchers again last week.  I had some success with it in the past and thought I would try it again.  I hate to admit it, but I've been going to a diet doctor that gives out HCG shots.  The HCG is in essence, a pregnancy hormone that tricks your body into burning the fat around your middle section before burning muscle.  I've lost 15 pounds and 4 inches off my hips but was at a complete stand-still.  I started thinking it was probably because I've now messed up my metabolism and I'm not eating enough.  Since counting points, I'm down another three pounds. I'm trying to stay away from all of the processed foods like fat free crackers.  That just makes me feel like I'm eating fake food.  For me, it's a lot of salads and sauteed veggies with lean meat.  I guess it would also be an eating plan similar to the South Beach but not high in fat at all.

I do feel better and I've even had the energy to walk on the treadmill at night.  I've learned to borrow Tater Tot's ITouch and listen to it.  He made a running playlist (Ha-running, more like walking!) and it has a ton of high energy songs like the new Black-Eyed Peas song Rock That Body (BEST SONG EVER!)  Hip-hop music is near and dear to my heart, so it's a good way to get me off of my booty and exercising.  In college, I worked at a radio station and really wanted to be a DJ at a cool station in Atlanta.  Then, I found out how much beginning DJ's make and decided that I'd rather go into PR!

The other night I danced around the living room with the boys and gave myself 1 activity point on my Points Tracker.  I was almost out of breath by the time we quit boogying.  I figure, if you can get your little guys to dance with you, make a total fool of yourself and get out there and show 'em your moves!!!!

The funny thing is.....my boys think it's totally normal for me to dance and sing to them!  HA!

No comments: