ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beauty Secrets from a Hair and Makeup Fanatic!

I'm a day late with the Kellys Korner - Show Us Your Life Beauty Secrets but I have so much to share!

First off - HAIR

Let me start with the facts;  I have very fine hair but a ton of it.  I also have very, very curly hair.  I dye my hair a very dark brown, which is my natural color (after being a blonde for YEARS) but it covers the little glistening grey hairs I have here and there. 

I also straighten or curl my hair with a flat iron everyday.  I don't like my curly hair at all, but I think most girls with curly hair fight it for some reason.  I grew up with a sister who had the perfect blonde, straight hair and always wanted to have hers, so it's her fault I hate my curly hair-ha!

Recently I had been fighting losing my hair when I had a super stressful job.  My friend said she heard Tresemme would help that.  I tried it and it worked!

Shampoo & Conditioner - Tresemme' but I also add Biolage Conditioner also

After my shower, I towel dry my hair and apply Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum.

I blowdry my hair with a round brush, then I flat iron it with a Chi - the best I've ever used. And...I've used a ton with my curly hair.  Do not buy a flat iron at Wal-Mart. They just don't get hot enough.  Spend the money for a professional iron.


I spritz my hair with a heat protectant - Chi Silk Infusion (smells phenomenal!)

I then either curl my hair in waves with the flat iron or just straighten it.  Youtube has great tips on curling with a flat iron.  It's easy once you get the hang of it.

After I finish with my hair, I spray it with Chi Shine Infusion.  It only takes a small amount, but makes your hair so shiny and smooth looking.
To finish, I just use the general Shaper or the Freeze It from Wal-mart.

MAKEUP - Here's where my obsession begins:

Face Primer - Bare Essentials Face Primer

Foundation - Smashbox - stays put all day and doesn't make my face greasy looking.
 Powder to set the foundation - Sephora Mattifying Foundation Powder

Blush - I typically use a bronzing powder for blush and contouring. 

Eyes - I am obsessed with eye makeup.  I love MAC, Kat Von D from Sephora, Urban Decay, Sephora - these are the shadows that have really good pigment and glide on easily. 


I love, love, love Kim Kardashian's eye makeup!


Here's a picture with Mac makeup.

With my favorite MAC girls, Taylor and Deandra

I also use Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black.  It is the BEST mascara I've ever used.


For lipstick, I use too many to list.  If I do smokey eyes, I do nude lips.  If I do lighter eyes, I use more lipstick color.  Clinique has great lipsticks and I also use MAC lipsticks and gloss.

1 comment:

stephanie h said...

You look great and I love that mascara! : )