ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Planning Monday

This week is an easy one because I actually took the time to plan out meals and go grocery shopping at Aldi. Here's our meal plan for the week:
Monday - Sauerkraut and Bratwurst (Sauerkraut is good for inflammation in the body)
Tuesday - Beef Stew, cornbread
Wednesday - German Smoked Sausage Dish - (smoked sausage, turnips, potatoes, onions, carrots in a stew) I know that's two stew dishes in a row but it's -5 degree windchill so it's a good thing ***I cook for my husband's Masonic Lodge on Wednesdays for their meeting (25 people) so we just get a few portions out of the crockpot that I'm cooking in and eat what they eat
Thursday- Pork Chop Apple Casserole, roasted broccoli, wild rice (pork chops, apples, and honey bar-b-que sauce baked together)
Friday - Salmon patties, pea salad, hushpuppies
Saturday - Out to eat. The kids will be with their Dad so Jim and I go eat somewhere - date night!
Sunday - Beef Stroganoff, green beans
I found that if I look at the cooks.com website when menu planning, it helps a great deal in reminding me of dishes I'd forgotten about that we've liked in the past.  When I meal plan, I feel so much more organized. 

Sometimes, we don't end of eating what I've planned because somethings come up but it sure helps to have an idea for the week. 


No comments: