ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Scrimmage

Tater Tot had his first soccer scrimmage this past weekend.  His team moved up to 14 Under which means some of his eleven year old teammates will be playing against fourteen year olds.  It should be interesting this season; either we'll do really well or it'll be a learning experience-ha!

Small Fry and I sat in the sunshine watching big brother scrimmage against their cousin Taylors team.  Our coach has two teams, Tater Tots team and a 16 Under girls team.  They don't mind scrimmaging against girls because trust me, girls can be very tough when it comes to soccer.  The goalie for the girls team is my niece and it was hilarious watching Tater Tot and her play against each other.  At one point, Tater Tot was going towards the goal against his cousin and they both ran straight at each other pushing and shoving, then eventually fell onto each other and flipping over. It was so funny and everyone was laughing because you could definitely see the competition in our family.  They wrestle and rough house all the time at home, why not the soccer field too?

Why do kids like to make faces when you want a cute pic?

Tater going toward the ball and his cousin in the goal
Listening to the coach at half-time
I thought this pic was cool-Small Fry was playing around with his cousins goalie gloves and soccer ball while the team listens to the coach


My beautiful niece-she had just hurt her arm but was still smiling!

After the scrimmage, we had plans to go over to our friends house for dinner.  We had to stop by good ol' Walmart to pick up some dessert.  I swear I live at this place and I really don't like Walmart.....the store drives me nuts. 

Since it's the only place in our town to grocery shop, I'm pretty stuck until I've set aside enough time to drive to another town.  Ugh.

We had a great time this past weekend and it was nice and relaxing.  Just what I need this last week before I start my new part-time job at my insurance agents office. 

I might just nap everyday since it's going to be rainy and stormy.  The remnants of Tropical Storm or Hurricane Hermiane are traveling to Oklahoma and we're expecting up to 6 inches of rain.  Awesome lazy day weather!

1 comment:

The Stain Family said...

I was hoping Raegen could play soccer this fall, but he's still too young...next year though! Looks like ya'll had a great time. ;)