ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

 Today was the first day the boys and I stayed home together.  I've been working for my insurance agent answering phones part-time three days a week to earn some extra spending money.  Today was the first day I was off since the boys got out of school for their Christmas break.  I am so thankful to be able to stay at home with them and enjoy the Christmas break.

After sleeping until 9:30, I knew we had to start the day off right by drinking a Green Monster.  If you haven't had one, you are seriously missing out on a yummy way to take your vitamins. 

Here's the recipe:

1 cup spinach
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 small container vanilla yogurt
1 or 2 tbsp. agave nectar or splenda, whichever you prefer
1 to 2 cups ice
1/2 cup milk, depending on the texture you want





Can you tell I had chili ingredients on the counter too?! HA!





You seriously cannot taste the spinach in the smoothie and my kids love it.  The spinach is just a great way to sneak in a few more nutrients.
I also like to use the agave nectar in it.  It's a great way to add sweetener but in a natural way.

We drank our Green Monsters, then headed out to run a few errands. 

After a crazy trip to the bank, the cleaners, Dollar General and then Walmart, we went to Nana's house to make some goodies for my co-workers.
We decided that almond bark pretzels would be the easiest and yummiest to make.  Nana and I have always made almond bark pretzels since I was a small child.  I've always loved them.

Nana getting ready to get her bakin' on!

Google image-Yummy almond bark pretzels


When we got back to our house, Tater Tot practiced his yo-yo skills.  He looks up Youtube videos on yo-yoing and tries to perfect the latest tricks.  He's getting pretty good at it too. 
He's the type of child that gets stuck on a new "thing" and works really hard to master it.  Cute!

We cuddled and took a nap with this sweet dog.  She was eating the rest of my ice cream cone the other night and I had to get a picture.  She's simply spoiled and the best cuddler in the world.

  
Tater Tot & Small Fry (with a silly look on his face) with their best bud Braden
While I cleaned up, the boys went outside and shot baskets.  Small Fry is playing booster club ball and loving it.  He's actually doing terrific and hustling like crazy. 

My sweet basketball player Small Fry
We ended the day with homemade chicken and dumplings.  I didn't have very much Bisquick left so I used the rest and also some canned biscuits to make the dumplings.  I have to say, the Bisquick way is simply the best.  It tastes like a real dumpling.  I could eat chicken and dumplings every day of my life.  So good when it's cold and rainy outside like today.

I'm just thankful I was able to spend Tuesday with my guys!



No comments: