ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...





We put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving like we do every year. The boys love fluffing the branches and hanging all the ornaments.

 Our mantel...we changed it up a little this year.  The two white stockings are for the dogs, the red are for Mr. H and I, the green is Tater Tot's and the blue is Small Fry's.



 My Uncle Carl made me the wooden letters that spell Merry Christmas.  I set up the Merry on the left window and the Christmas on the right window.  So cute!  My Uncle Carl is 88 years old and the nicest man you would ever meet.  I don't get to see him very often since my Dad died but I have such great memories of spending many holidays with he and my Aunt Nila.
 My Mama Lou (Grandma) made these iceskates when I was very little girl.  I have about 4 sets of them and they are the first ornaments I put on the tree every year.
 I love homemade ornaments from the kids!

 Love my collection of Santas on the entryway bookcase.
 I adore any kind of folk art.


 Love my gold sparkly stars hanging from the dining room light.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Everything looks amazing! I love handmade ornaments too, they just add that extra something to a tree.

Stop by my blog today and enter my giveaway!

Take care,
Michelle

♥B said...

Your decor is beautiful!

Samantha said...

Your Christmas tree is just beautiful!