ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Saturday, November 27, 2010

BEDLAM!!! OSU vs. OU

Today it's war in our family-Oklahoma State University plays Oklahoma University in football.  It's Bedlam - the best time of the entire year.  I grew up in Stillwater, OK the home of OSU until I was 12 years old so I am a born and bred Cowboy fan.  When it was time for college, my Dad told me I could go anywhere in the world but he was going to send a check to OSU.  I could either work my way through college or go where he was sending the check-HA!  I loved my time at OSU- it's where I met my best friend in the entire world, Becky.  

When I met Mr. H - he asked me where I went to college.  When I told him OSU, he said he liked me so he was willing to overlook that.  I laughed, not knowing how big of an OU fan he truly was.  The guy is crazy about OU. On our first date, he told me he had something to discuss with me.  I was terrified that there was something wrong with him.  Instead, he told me that he donates money to Oklahoma University every year and would like it if I would support him on that.  And...he was dead serious when he said it.  At that moment, I knew he liked college football as much as I did and we were a match made in heaven!!!  Mr. H had season OU tickets and I'd never been to a game since my family was completely OSU crazed.  He took me to my first OU game and it was soooo much fun.  Best time I'd ever had at a college game.  From then on, I've been an OU fan also but never when they play OSU! 

OU has been choking a little this year and OSU is ranked higher in the BCS standings.  This just might be my year!!!! I will bug the crud out of Mr. H if OSU beats OU!

We had tickets to the game, which is being held in Stillwater this year.  BUT....Mr. H said he's not going to the game and having to listen to the OSU homers yelling at him on the way out so he sold our tickets.  What a chicken!!! I love it...he's actually scared!!!

We will see what kind of a night the game will bring.  No matter what - it's going to be an exciting time in the Hautemama family!!!






No comments: