ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Protein, Protein, Protein

I'm giving in and trying the South Beach Diet. Last time I did the Atkins, I lost 6 pounds in one week. The no carb thing about killed me though. I didn't realize how much I like to eat cereal until I couldn't, or cinnamon rolls for that matter. The South Beach will let you introduce healthy carbs after two weeks. I'm on day 3 and it's going pretty well. I've been snacking on my Babybel Light cheese and hummus with celery.
Tonight I made a new recipe - it's actually really simple and was highly recommended by one of my favorite bloggers, Kelly of KellysKornerBlog. She is so unbelievably adorable and upbeat. The name of the casserole is Chicken Supreme. Here's the lowdown:
4 - 6 chicken breasts
4-6 slices of bacon (or turkey bacon)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 16 oz. container of sour cream
1 jar of dried beef, torn into pieces - found in the tuna, canned chicken section (this was almost impossible to find - no Walmart store in our area had it but found it at one of the more expensive stores-I bought 4 to keep in the pantry)

Sorry for the poor picture quality!

Put the chicken breasts wrapped with a slice of bacon in a casserole dish. Mix the other ingredients together and cover the chicken breast with the mixture. It will look like this when done. Please excuse the wear on my casserole dish. It's seen many, many years of baking!
I think it's going to make a good no-carb dish while I'm on the two-week Phase I. which allows no carbs hardly at all. I'm going to steam some cauliflower, mix with half-and-half and butter. This should serve as a good substitute for the mashed potatoes, which I really want...ugh! It's hard to watch what you eat.

This weekend was uneventful just like I like it. I worked on a few projects. I painted a set of bookends for H's room. Red - just like our beloved OU Sooners. I'm not going to talk about the National Championship heartbreak.....so sad! Our niece spent the night Saturday. I had taken her to Wal-mart on Friday night to pick out some eye makeup. She's 12 and really wanted to start learning how to "tastefully" wear a little eyeliner and eyeshadow. I love it that she comes to me for these things. I'm glad I could try to show her the proper way. Not that I'm the expert or anything! Ha!

Isn't she the prettiest?! She's almost a teenager.

No comments: