Saturday, January 17, 2009

A relaxing Saturday

Today the boys were at their Daddy's house which meant I was able to sleep in this morning. I actually was so worried about baby Harper (see post below) that I woke up at 5:30 am and checked the internet for an update. I stayed up looking at blogs until about 7:15 and then went back to bed with Allie. She likes to sleep in bed under the covers with me. I didn't mind - it was a cold morning. I know that probably shocks the "clean freaks" in the world, but, yes - I sleep with my boxer in bed. Dog hair and all. And, it doesn't even bother me because I love her that much. Ha!

After I leisurely drank my morning coffee, which I have to have every morning, I watched the Food Network. It doesn't get any better than that. My perfect morning. I started watching the Food Network when I became a stay-at-home mom with T-man in 1999. It was my company during long days at home with a sleeping baby. I'm now a Food Network addict and I'm not afraid to admit it. I love each and every one of the shows. The Cooking for Real one kind of bugs me though. She's trying too hard. But give me Paula Deen, Giada De Laurentiis, Ina Garten and Tyler Florence all day long. Tyler is one of my favorites - can he get any cuter?!

At about 1pm, I went and picked up my friend Jennifer and we ventured to the big city to go eat at Los Cabos. Yummy! I ate tortilla chips with the salsa. First carbs I've had in about 8 days. For the record, I felt horrible after eating all those carbs. I've actually lost about 6 pounds since starting the South Beach Diet - it has made me feel so much better. After lunch, we ventured around the shopping center and looked in a few shops. Then we drove around town and looked at all of the huge houses they are building in that area. I don't think the housing market has really hit Oklahoma. It's not stopping anyone from building as far as I can see.

It was fun to just get out and do something. Oh - I did go to Target and buy a new camera. I can't believe it. I've used the same Cannon for 5 years now. My new Olympus is so slim I can carry it in my pocket. I hope the picture quality is good. I'm actually reading the instructions. That's a miracle in itself.

H-man had his Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby this morning in town. His Daddy and T-man helped him make his little car until midnight the night before. H-man got 2nd and 4th in the race. He was so proud. They said next year they're gonna start working on the car in October. I believe they will too! Their Dad likes to build any kind of car. I'm glad he got to share that with them. I know they all enjoyed it!

I just checked Kelly's blog for an update on Harper and she arrived in Tulsa and is doing well. She didn't even need to have the heart/lung bypass that was originally planned. God is certainly listening to the thousands of prayers for that sweet baby girl. I know I've been worried and concerned all day. I'm thinking I'll drop something off at St. Francis Monday during my lunch hour. Maybe a basket with goodies for the family while they are staying with her.

Mr. Hautemama and I are getting ready to go to my beloved Sonic to get ice cream (for him, not me). I might get a Diet Cherry Limeade! Yum!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey! Just saw the comment you left on my blog...thanks so much! You're just a stones-throw away, babe!

We've probably seen each other at Birth and Beyond and not even realized! Ha! latest Sonic addiction (there are so many) is the diet sprite with vanilla and cherry...OH MOTHER that thing is good.