ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Friday, May 13, 2011

AMD Friday Outing

This weekend so far has been so busy...and its only Friday.  Mr. H and I had a dinner with the members of the Allied Masonic Degrees group and tickets to a play at the Tulsa Performing Arts Theater.  The play was The Gin Game. 

First, we had a dinner planned at the Blue Dome Diner at the Blue Dome District in downtown Tulsa. I'd heard of the Blue Dome Diner but had never eaten there.  I actually wasn't impressed at all.  I ordered the chicken enchiladas with tomatillo salsa.  It was bland and boring.  Everyone in the group said they had heard the Blue Dome Diner was famous for its breakfast.  Maybe we should try that before knocking it off the list of places to eat.
Downtown Tulsa

My friend Marilyn and I after the dinner

Blue Dome

Me with downtown in the background

Walking to the Tulsa PAC - it was chilly!

See my husband's office in the background?!

Walking into the Liddy Doenges theater

We ordered some White Zinfandel before the play started

The setting of the play - it was supposed to be the porch of a nursing home

Mrs and Mr. Hautemama

The play was about a man and woman at a nursing home.  It started out pretty funny, then turned dark at the end.  I'm not sure what I thought about it.  The lady sitting right in front of me was crying. She was really moved by it but I wonder if she lives in a nursing home and thats why it hit her so hard.

When we got home from the dinner and play, the boys had some friends spend the night.

I made them go to Walmart with me at 10:30 at night.  I didn't think I'd want to get up early in the morning to go so I dragged them with me.  You can tell what happens when you take 4 boys to Walmart late at night.

They go crazy in the toy aisle with nerf swords!


Tater Tot even lost his Braves baseball hat when he was in the milk section.  He thought he'd be funny and throw his hat up and catch it.  Well....when he threw it up, it curved and went onto the top of the milk coolers.  We had to get the Manager and tell him we needed his hat back.  They didn't have the lift thingie in that area so we have to wait until Saturday to get the hat back.  Ugh.  Boys are silly!

We even took pics with the Biebs!!! I love him!


No comments: