ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

This is the day I like to think about how blessed I am to have two very special little boys.  Well, maybe not so little anymore.  Tater Tot is 12 and Small Fry is 10.  It's amazing to me to think that it's been 10 years since I was a Momma with a newborn and a 28 month old.  I was so nervous and terrified that I'd never be able to take care of two little ones at the same time.  And take care of them I did, very well, I might add. 

It's been the best journey, navigating through the path of motherhood.  I've learned a lot of things in the past ten years, first off, never listen to any well meaning people who give bad advice.  I am the Mom and I know best.  I breastfed and people would make comments like "Are you going to go to Kindergarten with them?"  I actually worried about peoples opinions.  In hindsight, I should have known that the people who give the most advice are typically the worst parents. 

I remember learning the meaning of Mother Lion the minute I had Tater Tot.  It was instantaneous for me.  I instantly knew that I would protect and love my little boy(s) more than anything in the world and would do anything to make them happy, healthy and content. 

We spent this Mother's Day at my Mother-In-Laws house.  We just grilled hamburgers and bratwurst.  We had some yummy sides like potato salad, baked beans, fruit salad and a garden salad.  It was so good and I didn't feel like we spent all day working on the food.  The guys did the grilling and helped us avoid staying in the hot kitchen when it was such a pretty day.

I was sad on Mother's Day because my Momma couldn't come over to my MIL's house.  She's been having some health problems and hasn't felt well lately.  She has a constant dizzy feeling and can't walk very well.  They think its some medication that she was taking and have since taken her off of it.  I hope it helps.  We did go over to her house and spend time with her. We even brought her a plate of food with dessert.  I gave my Mom four cute outfits that I had found for her.  She looks cute in them, and really needed new crop pants.


My Mother-In-Law with her card and money to buy some clothes

My MIL and I with my brother-in-law behind us holding up rabbit ears-he's crazy!


I had to laugh at this picture of my MIL and my hubby.  They are sitting exactly alike and have the exact same profiles!

My beautiful niece and I

My other babies - Allie II and Baylee

My baby - 12 weeks old


No comments: