ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, July 14, 2008

An exciting life......not really

I found a sorority sister's blog on the internet the other day. She had moved to New York City with her husband and two children. It was a really great blog-describing how many Broadway shows they attend every month, the importance of getting your child into the right summer camp in New York City, their supper clubs, etc. I was reading with such admiration. They are doing so much and seeing so much that my family doesn't, living in a small town in the middle of America. In some posts, I could feel a hint of jealousy springing up because there is a little part of me that's mad at myself for not moving away to an exciting big city and experiencing everything that it has to offer.

Maybe I want to be a mom who just worries about what private school my child should attend or what supper club to attend this month! Dangit! I deserve to be able to shop on 5th Avenue and eat at the most expensive restaurants! I mean, in our family, the choice for dinner is either Sonic or Mazzio's pizza. Oh, or a bbq place. That's about it. In a small town with no choices, it makes us eat at home an awful lot. But then I read on to one of the last posts in my friend's blog and she had a list of the things she misses most about living in New York City and you wanna know what two of the things were.....................Sonic and Mazzio's Pizza.
Just goes to show that sometimes being in the big exciting city just isn't what it's all worked up to be. Maybe I should just be satisfied that we have those choices and appreciate the life I have. Sure puts things into perspective when you read that all your friend wants in New York City is the only thing you have.

No comments: