ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Old friends


Do you have a friend that's been around forever? A friend that, when the going gets rough, always knows what to say and do. I have that friend and her name is Becky. I met her on the first day of Rush in college. We were lining up in the hallway and I noticed this little girl with huge blue eyes and really pretty blonde hair. We started talking and have been the best of friends ever since. We even pledged the same sorority. She was from a small town in southern Oklahoma and I was so intrigued with her small town life. I loved to go home with her and visit. It was such a novelty to get to hang out down home with her family. So comforting and relaxing. She had parents that adored her as much as mine adored me. That's a rarity to find. We were both spoiled little daddy's girls and we loved it.

She eventually left college to go home and marry a local guy. It was such a devastating time when she went home. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Now, years later, she has 5 kids with that guy she left me for.......so I guess it wasn't such a bad idea after all. I actually love the guy and he couldn't be any better to my friend. I hate it that we live a couple of hours apart but it seems like we live right next door to each other whenever we get together. We are as close as ever and I can't even tell the distance.

I'm so glad I have her as a friend....she's the friend I never want to lose.

No comments: