ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My favorite casserole-squash casserole a la Paula Deen



I made one of my favorite casseroles for the 4th of July party we hosted. It's squash casserole a la Paula Deen. My friend has celiac disease so I didn't put the Ritz crackers on top like I have in the past but it was still sooo good.









Squash Casserole - Hautemama version
4 yellow squash and 4 zucchini
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (to taste)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. margarine or butter
1 medium jalapeno - minus the seeds
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
8 Ritz crackers - crushed
more cheese as needed
Saute the yellow squash, zucchini and jalapeno pepper minus the seeds in the olive oil and butter until softened. Add the Cavender's Greek Seasoning during the sauteing process. When veggies are softened sufficiently, add the cheese to melt. It will become an ooey-gooey, yummy mixture. Turn off the heat (burner) and then add the sour cream, top with more cheese and crushed Ritz crackers and put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Pure heaven with a little spice!


No comments: