ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My early Valentine's Gift

Friday we decided that we really needed to have our carpets cleaned. I mean, after record snowfall this year in Oklahoma, we now have more sand on our streets than the stinkin' beach. We were actually smart this year and bought sand to keep in the garage in case we had another ice and snowstorm. Well, we had two or three snowstorms, resulting in the spreading of no less than 5 million pounds of sand on our driveway and front walkway. OK-5 million might be a slight bit more but not much. The boys have brought sand into every crevice of our house. It doesn't matter how much I sweep and vacuum, I still hear little crunching noises when I walk into our front entryway or laundry room from the garage. It's enough to drive someone crazy!

Since we were having a professional carpet cleaner come out to do the job, I went ahead and told him to steam clean our couch and overstuffed chair in the living room. We have two dogs, a white Boxer and a Beagle and they love to sit on the ottoman and chair. I try to keep them off of the furniture but this winter has been so bad that I felt sorry for them and let it slide. After paying almost 300 dollars for carpet and upholstery cleaning, the dogs will no longer be able to talk me into any kind of couch sleeping or lounging. It's the floor for them or we cover the chair. I don't want to have to spend that much for quite a while. It was worth it though. Our carpet looks so fresh and puffed up. We put the new frieze carpet in when we built this house and I thought it was so beautiful, but now that we've lived with it for a while, I notice that it tends to get flat looking, even when you diligently vacuum. I'm not sure we'll get that kind in our next house. Maybe we'll get smart and actually spring for really good carpet and not just a grade above the cruddy builder grade that they try to put into new houses.


Speaking of new houses, while we were out running errands and waiting for our carpets to dry, we drove through a new neighborhood in the next town. It's a master planned community with it's own school, golf course, golf facility, walking trails and fully stocked pond. The houses in this neighborhood are incredible. To die for! I didn't see a house I wouldn't live in - just simply amazing.
This house could be yours for a measly 1.5 million dollars.
Love houses with a drive through driveway/garage area.
This house is just gorgeous! 
Love the banister of this staircase
I want a pool like this someday!  I'd never leave home.
(Photos courtesy of realtor.com)

After driving around dreaming of living in a dream house, we tried to think of somewhere to eat dinner.  I told Mr. H that we didn't have to go out to eat for Valentine's Day, we could just grab something small and go home for a quiet night.  We decided to grab some barbeque and eat it at home.  Barbeque was fancy enough for us since we've both been on a diet and trying to eat right for the past couple of months. I have to admit that it was awesome eating ribs after not eating beef for quite some time. It gave me heartburn though. Ugh.

I spent the rest of the night watching the Olympics and working on my household notebook.  It's a great night to me if I feel like I'm getting organized.  Organized and clean carpet - that's Heaven to me.



No comments: