ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Today I got a surprise.  Mr. H and I had agreed to not get each other a Valentine's Day gift since we feel that we are blessed enough and don't need to spend money on each other.  After we woke up, Mr. H came into the living room with a card.  He had bought me the sweetest card.  It was so special, I almost started crying.  Of course, I stayed with the plan and didn't get him a card, even though it was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.  My gift to him was heart shaped pancakes with a heart shaped pad of butter on top.  I'd had that planned all week.  Sometimes, the smallest things make me feel like I'm prfetty cool.  Silly, I know.  But Mr. H is more about the things you do, not the things you can buy him.  He requires very little to make him happy and that's why I love him so much. 

Mr. H went to pick up the buys since they were at their Dad's house.  Tater Tot had called me to tell me that Small Fry was puking and had been since 7am so their Dad wanted to meet early to switch.  I stayed home to finish the laundry and get ready to make lunch for my Mom and my boys.  Small Fry never threw up once he was at our house and started acting pretty good.  I did ask the boys what their Daddy got them for Valentine's and they said nothing.  Tater Tot said he even had to remind his Dad that it was Valentine's.  Things like that break my heart.  But, Mr. H said that was ok- we got them enough fun Valentine's candy and goodies to make up for it. 

My Mom came over to eat lunch with us and to get her Valentine's goodies from us.  We got her a cute card, chocolate covered cherries and yummy Lindors truffles.  For lunch, we fixed a healthy feast of grilled chicken with white wine sauteed mushrooms and onions, roasted carrots, potatoes and asparagus and a salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing.  The meal was perfect and healthy, which makes it even better.  No guilt after eating it. 

This afternoon I'm working on my monthly menu planning for my household notebook and writing the kid's activities down for the next month.  Gotta keep organized or I feel like I'm going nuts!

No comments: