ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day At The Doctor

This morning when we woke up it was actually stormy looking outside.  I was so excited considering it hasn't rained here in weeks.  I drove the boys to the bus stop and let them sit in the car while it started sprinkling, then when they got on the school bus, the skies opened up.  I loved it!  I actually went back to the house and laid down for a little while with the dogs.  There is nothing like taking a nap when its thundering and pouring rain.  After my little nap, I got ready and took my Momma into the big city for a doctor's appointment.  She fell and broke her shoulder last November while visiting Ireland with my sister (yes, it was very stressful).  She's been having problems with it since then and needed to have another x-ray.  Thankfully the doctor said it was looking good.  Anyway, it was pouring outside and I just didn't want my Mom driving on the highway in those conditions.  It makes me worry that she's now in her seventies and doesn't get around as well as she used to.  She needs me to help her sometimes and I'm glad to do it.  It's one reason why I think I might just look for a part-time job while the boys are in school.  I think from now on, I'm going to have to help with my Mom more.  It just doesn't feel comfortable with her doing some things by herself.  I guess I'm now in that generation that's taking care of their widowed parents.  That's ok, she's done plenty for me and my boys!  It was nice to be able to talk to the doctor with her just for my piece of mind.

When my Mom and I got home, I had to pick up the boys and take Tater Tot's bike with us to the local bike shop.  He loves to jump curbs and little ramps with the bike his Dad bought him but he pops the tube in the tire when he does that.  This is the second tube we've replaced.  I really can't say anything though because I remember being a little girl and loving to ride my bike and jump curbs.  I think he came by it naturally. 

The weather cleared up in the afternoon and the high temperature today was 84 degrees.  It felt like Fall it was so cool after 115 degree heat indexes the past couple of weeks. Crazy!

I made the best dinner tonight.  I had found pork steaks on sale at the store for $1.99/lb. and thought of the Chili Verde that I love to order at our little Mexican restaurant in town.  I found a jar of Chili Verde salsa in the Mexican aisle and hoped that was the same Chili Verde they used. This morning, I put the steaks in the crockpot with the salsa and about a cup of water, cooked on High for about 8 hours and it was the best thing I've ever eaten.  I served it with white rice but flour tortillas would have been yummy too.  There's nothing like a super simple crockpot recipe.  You have to try it!

No comments: