ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, August 2, 2010

Shopping for School

Today we ventured into the big city to look for school clothes for the boys.  School starts in two weeks and Tater Tot is close to 5 foot tall which means he outgrows his jeans very quickly. 

We ran into a great sale at The Gap. Buy one pair of jeans and get the second pair for $10, plus the lady at the sales counter told us that since we bought 4 pairs total, we got the 5th pair free.  We spent $85 for 5 pairs of jeans.  Now that's a bargain.  I actually bought the boys the skinny type jeans, which I swore I would never buy them.  They don't look as skateboarder-goth type as I thought they would.  But, of course, I'm biased and I think my little stinkers look good in anything!

We about died walking around the shopping center in the heat.  The heat index was 115 degrees today with a temperature of 107.  Tomorrow I'm tackling the boys rooms and staying in the air conditioning all day.  I'm organizing and throwing away any old broken toys, giving away books they don't read, getting the Goodwill bag ready and reworking the closet.  I get tired of looking in the boys closets and there are shoes just thrown in there.  One time I found a brand new pair of shoes in the back of the closet.  Small Fry had taken the shoelaces out of the new shoes to put into his old shoes, then put the new ones in the back of the closet.  I had to explain to him that when we buy new shoes, its not to take out the shoelaces to use on our old shoes.  He just wanted the cool shoelaces that looked good. HA! 

I'm also going to try to figure out how to organize all of the electronics and gaming things.  We have more Wii and Playstation games, controllers and accessories, I just don't know how people keep them all together without looking a mess.  We're going to go over the "play one game at a time, then put it up" rule.  How many electronics do tweens collect? It's killing me! 

We also finished our school supply buying.  We have two huge piles of notebooks, folders, pencils, etc., ready to lug to school on orientation night.  Tater Tot gets a locker with a lock this year and will be switching classes six times a day.  He's so excited to be able to go to his locker between classes.  It's the little things that thrill him!

No comments: