Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Week In My Life-Day 1

I'm completely copying Kelly at Kellys Korner Blog and documenting a week of my life, detailing even the most mundane tasks and moments of our days this summer.

The boys and I both woke up at 9:30 this morning.  We just came home from vacation at my best friends house and I was exhausted.  My sinuses have been really bugging me so I had to take nighttime sinus medicine to make sure I slept ok last night.  You have to love having insomnia, it's my greatest fear in life that it will strike me during the night and I'll be up alllll night long. Ugh.

After waking up, I made my coffee and sat down to actually enjoy it.  Tater Tot didn't have his conditioning for school football in the early morning due to the July 4th holiday so I was so happy that I got to sleep in and not get up at 6am.  9:30 felt sooo late!

I folded a load of laundry and moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  Well, in all honesty, after I re-washed the clothes in the washer left over from last night, I moved them on to the dryer.  I then went around to every room collecting all of the dirty clothes and emptying the bags the boys took on vacation.  I rewashed the linens on all the beds because Mr. H's sister stayed at our house with her daughter dog sitting.

I searched through a few blogs looking for new recipes to write into my recipe notebook.  Yes, I'm a nerd and actually keep a recipe notebook where I handwrite any recipes I see on blogs and websites.  I've found some great recipes that way.  Other Moms are always the best way to find foods and meals that kids and a picky husband will actually eat.

After looking through blogs, I got the crockpot out to make Apricot Chicken for dinner.  It's the easiest recipe, I just put 4 frozen chicken breasts, a bag of dried apricots and 2 cans of chicken broth with Lipton Dried Onion Soup Mix in the crockpot on High.   I let that cook all day, then serve it with white rice.

While I was getting the crockpot meal ready, Small Fry called his buddy in the neighborhood and they made plans to go fishing at the new city park.  They built a really great lake in the center of town and stocked it with fish.  It's right near the new splash pad park so the boys go run through the splash pad when they get too hot fishing.  It's perfect for them.  I went up to the lake with the boys and their friends for a while and enjoyed doing some fun people watching.  I love our new park in town.  It's so beautiful!

When we got done fishing, we ran by Sonic to get a drink and then went home to clean.  I cleaned the master bedroom, the master bathroom and put up the clean clothes.  The boys cleaned their rooms, then emptied the dishwasher for me. 

After our cleaning was done, we went swimming in the backyard.  I tried to lay on the raft while the boys took turns doing cannonballs, jackknifes and any other dive/jump they could do to get me really wet.  Small Fry even tried to lay on the raft with me but we kept turning over! 

We swam for a couple of hours, then the boys left to go ride bikes with their buddies. 

Small Fry is going on a fishing trip with Mr. H and his Masonic officers at a lake about 2 hours away this weekend.  After riding bikes, he spent the evening getting his fishing poles ready for the trip.  He's so excited for this guys fishing trip.  He's been on such a kick with fishing.  It's all he thinks about night and day! 

Around 6, Tater Tot brought a friend back home with him and they went swimming until dinner was ready.  Just as I was getting ready to put the rice on the stove, my Mom called and said she bought a Prime Rib at the bar-b-que place and was bringing it over for dinner.  I gladly put the crockpot dinner I'd planned in Tupperware for tomorrows dinner.  My Mom brought baked potatoes over and I fixed a salad to go with our yummy steak.  After dinner, I did the dishes and then we all went to Frostbites to get a snowcone.  It was the perfect ending to a busy summer day. 

Have I mentioned that I love being home with my kids this summer?  I'm not dying from Mom Guilt like I usually do when I work. 

No comments: